I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our first night

The drive was awful! Anyone who has ever driven through the Columbia gorge knows the roads are terrible when its not dark, windy, and rainy, but when you have all of the above, its pretty bad. Dallin gave me a jingle before i left and gave me fair warning that the roads were awful, i said "okie dokie! thanks bunches", and went on with feeding the baby beast (Holly). However, it was similar to someone warning you of the pains of childbirth, nothing can prepare you until your doing it. There was standing water on the highway, semi trucks were throwing water over the jersey barrier in to the on coming traffic (Holly and I), man I was sweating bullets! I swear, I was breathing so hard, white knuckling the steering wheel and every time i would hit one of those huge puddles or pass a semi truck, I think i forgot to breath and i shut my eyes (two very poor decisions). Grateful i was to see the off ramp for our new humble haven. I pulled off and was so stressed out I almost cry ed just from the ride there, and then i started driving to our place....and let me tell you, I thought, I'm gunna get jumped, holy crap! I called dallin and was like,"Honey, i think i went the wrong way!" I just started laughing hysterically, (cuz that's what i do when I'm super overwhelmed) then he calmly assured me that in fact I had gone the wrong way. Praise all thank you! I flipped a uie and headed straight back in the opposite direction.
Finally little Holly bear and I made it to our little love nest and all was well. Dallin had the trailer all jacked up and ready to live in....on the outside. I stepped through the front door and HOLY CRAP!!!! There was stuff everywhere. Now anyone who knows me knows that everything has to have a place, all of our stuff had to go somewhere to make this work and by golly it took me two days but i done got all that stuff put away.
Now before I end this little blurb i must tell you about our sweet Emery. As Dallin and I were scurrying around trying to get everything organized Ms. Emery snuck off into our new "master bathroom" and turned on the shower. Now now now, i know what your thinking, big woop right? Well it wouldn't have mattered had the shower not been packed full of our STUFF! That little stinker, she didn't get in trouble because when she did it, it scared her so bad she came running out of the bathroom going, " ahhhhhahhh! mommy the water!" hahaha too funny.

1 comment: